Skip to content
- What does this policy cover
- What is personal data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the GDPR) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’. Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
- What are my rights?
Under the GDPR, you have the following rights, which we will always work to uphold:
– The right to access the personal data we hold about you. The right to have personal data about you rectified if any personal data held by us is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact us to find out more.
– The right to be forgotten, ie the right to ask us to delete or otherwise dispose of any personal data that we have. Please contact us to find out more.
– The right to restrict (ie prevent) the processing of personal data about you.
– The right to object to us using personal data about you for a particular purpose or purposes.
– The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to us directly, we are using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means. You can ask us for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
– Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. We do not use personal about you data in this way. For more information about our use of personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact us.
– Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau. If you have any cause for complaint about our use of personal data about you, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
- About the information we collect
- How do we use personal data
If we do collect any personal data, it will be processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with our obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR at all times. If you contact us and we obtain personal details from your email, we may use them to respond to your email. Any and all emails containing personal data will be deleted no later than three months after the subject matter of your email has been resolved. You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using personal data about you at any time, and to request that we delete it.
- Do you share personal data?
We will not share any of personal data with any third parties for any purposes, other than storage on an email server.
Keeping information about you secure is very important to us and access to the site is encrypted using SSL. However, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. As a result, whilst we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information which you send to us, and you may do so at your own risk.
- Accessing and updating your personal information
If you want to know what personal data we have about you, you can ask us for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”. All subject access requests should be made in writing to us.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site. To collect information about how visitors use our site, Grenfell Connect uses the following cookies: Google Analytics cookies: _utma _utmb _utmc _utmz. Used to collect information about how visitors use our site. Information is collected in an anonymous form.
- Contact and questions