Grenfell Recovery Taskforce
The independent Grenfell Recovery Taskforce has been set up as a non-statutory intervention to make sure that the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea council is able to deal with the long-term recovery from the Grenfell Tower fire.
Functions and remit of the Taskforce. The Taskforce will support the Council to put in place the capacity, capability, and governance to deliver recovery. The remit of the Taskforce includes:
- HOUSING: ensuring that Council Housing management and services across the borough are on a sound footing to support the re-housing of survivors; addressing weaknesses in the Tenant Management Organisation
- COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT: ensuring there is effective and timely engagement with the community from the Council about their plans for recovery
- CROSS CUTTING SUPPORT: making sure that the Council has the right arrangements in place to provide intensive cross cutting support to those affected by the fire
- GOVERNANCE: making sure that governance arrangements across the Council are appropriate to deal with the on-going challenge that recovery will present
- THE SITE: ensuring that a long term plan for the site is in place that has been developed with central Government, the Greater London Authority and above all the community.